Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Lin Yuan Steamboat Kitchen at Queens Park Cheras.



Recently just celebrated my 26th birthday at Restoran Lin Yuan Steamboat Kitchen. We plan to celebrate one day earlier due to the fact the great day would be kept for her good and sweet boyfriend. Then my sis's bring us the way. On our journey it was so good UNTIL, a nightmare falls upon me. I was in the middle of the journey to hell it seems. Well, it's more like I hate to eat pumpkin and we are on our journey to eat something consist of pumpkins. -.- I was fooled, and that day I was a bit bit blur after a wake up and ended up in the car being brought to eat something I dislike. What to do, just have to bare with it and eat it as I'm quite hungry that time.

Well for the place, it's just a nice place to have a steamboat regardless of it's price. It's so tasty as it's a bit different from the normal steamboat which we always eat like the normal soup and the tomyam soup. Here they allow you to have another choice of soup which is the pumpkin style poridge steamboat. PUMPKIN? PORIDGE? STEAMBOAT? Yes, that's right I am telling the truth. All in one. Though I dislike pumpkin, nevertheless it doesn't taste anything like pumpkin at all, it's porridge is so nice that you would ask for more refills. :D I would not further explain as pictures would say a thousand words. Though I'm just using cheap camera phones so just bare with the lousy quality of pictures.


Restoran Lin Yuan Steamboat Kitchen with its light half open half closed.
The lighting destruct my picture and can't hardly take a good picture of its words.


Our side orders + 3 person's set meal.


It's so good that they serve us extremely well as they help us to do everything.
We just came and wait to eat.
They help us put the foods in. 0,0
Such great services, felt like an emperor waiting to eat.


Woot. See the pumpkin poridge? Looks nice.
They added in an egg to make the porridge more smoothly, smells nicer and taste even greater.


The staff help us pour our foods in and help us stir well so that the porridge wouldn't be over burn.


So many fishballs, homemade meatballs, fish slices, wanton, and many other things inside.


The birthday girl so excited that she brought me here.
I was fooled by here.
BUT, I'm grateful that she brought me to taste such nice things.


Me posing in front of such nice soup.
At that moment, I felt being tricked to enter the car on a journey to hell :D
I haven't taste the soup yet.
So I still think that I was being tricked :D.


The homemade meat is being taken out on a bowl.
Very fresh and nice and so chewy.


Our fish slices. "Sek Pan Yu Pin"


Our vegetables.


My drink, sour plum with lime. "Kat Chai Shun Mui"


I don't know what's this call, looks like wanton but it's not wanton.
More like mini wanton :D.


The real wantons. Taste good.


Our fishballs.
Very bouncy and fresh.
Not the balls you were thinking :D.


Waiting for it to boil ....................................
After 15 minutes the staff came and open it for us and start stirring to ensure the porridge mix well.
Then the staff said "Man Yong" 0,0 which means you may eat now.
Felt like an emperor at that moment.


Our meal set left only with vegetables. :D


My sis be the first to dive in with his big spoon to take the meats.
Those heat causes too much vapour. :D


The bf and the gf.
So lovey dovey mood.
Kept giving one another their foods.
Made me goosebumps and jealousy all over.


The old couples, my dad and mum another lovely couple.
Time to dive in.
FYI, my dad also dislikes pumpkin.
Hahaha.


Took what I wanted and it's time to eat.
Very scared at that moment to how it taste.
Although it smells nice but it looks fishy too eat pumpkin porridge.
After my first bite, and Twing!
My whole blurry face becomes enlighten with it's taste.
It tastes so good that it almost made me to heaven!!!


So what I was waiting for, I just dive in for the 2nd round :D.
It was so good that it made me kept eating.
FYI, it does not really taste like pumpkin at all.
Maybe they use quite little pumpkin.
Our meal finished in about 30-40 minutes.
The total cost? RM123.
Ya, I know, it's quite expensive for a 5 person meal and a steamboat.


It's located at Queen's Park.


You can either find the notice above or this one below.
You will see a Carrefour there.



Taste

Taste extremely good. I bet you will come again after the first try.
Price

For their price, RM123 for 5 person that's about RM25, well we really ate quite full, and we really felt a good taste. I think the price is quite reasonable.
Environment

The environment is located at the outside so it wasn't much expected. Luckily it wasn't hot that night. I usually prefer some environment with air-conditionings as I sweat a lot. :D
Services

Their services is so extreme. Felt like an emperor waiting to eat only. They help you put your foods into the steamboat and we only need to wait for it to boil and eat.
Charges
Not sure about the charges. I think maybe got 5% service charge and 5% government tax.
Location
Cheras, Jalan Peel Road, Taman Maluri

Roughly somewhere here.

View Larger Map

12 Response to "Lin Yuan Steamboat Kitchen at Queens Park Cheras."

  1. kRaZy says:
    January 25, 2010 at 12:31 AM

    I havent try porridge steamboat b4, wouldn't it be very full eating it?

  2. Anonymous Says:
    January 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM

    looks yummy!

  3. Jard The Great says:
    January 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM

    ahaha.. siap ade bintang plak tu.......

    halal tak? uhukz..

  4. Jean says:
    January 25, 2010 at 2:14 AM

    I always love steamboat!!!
    Long time never been to cheras area..

  5. Eldy Voon says:
    January 25, 2010 at 4:51 AM

    nice sour drink (the color is sexy !)

  6. Jz says:
    January 25, 2010 at 8:53 AM

    WTH! I DONT CARE, SAY NO TO PUMPKIN

  7. KwOnG FeI says:
    January 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

    pumpkin porridge? something new to me..
    btw, it is a buffet steamboat or pay per head?
    at rm 25 per person, is supect it is a buffet
    but when they served u with tht foods, it should be based on head count order of which rm 25 will be expensive

  8. Anonymous Says:
    January 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM

    hey creap i went there b4 its real delicious especially t soup..but i remember is only $10++ per pax..how come so exp now..

  9. cr3ap says:
    January 25, 2010 at 8:05 PM

    @Krazy: It's very full after eating the whole thing :D.

    @Kuri: Ya it looks yummy.

    @Jard: Errr, most probably not.

    @Jean: Maybe you could try it out.

    @Eldy: Yea, it's the best drink for steamboat :D.

    @Jz: Ya I would say no to pumpkin, but it really doesn't taste anything like pumpkin at all. Nevertheless it taste so darn good.

    @KwongFei: It's not buffet style, It's depends on what you order. Per head about RM16, but we order quite a lot of side dishes which some are quite expensive like those fish slices, wantons and meat balls are ordered seperately.

    @Anonymous: It's not expensive. It's about RM15-16 I'm forgotten the correct pricing though. But it's expensive when you order the sides.

  10. niny says:
    January 26, 2010 at 9:42 AM

    so many dishes. did u manage to eat them all? :)

  11. Anonymous Says:
    January 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM

    Clicked on your adsense and nuffnang. Happy birthday anyway (though it's a little late to wish now). Cheers!

  12. Mandy says:
    April 22, 2010 at 4:38 AM

    i found ur blog via google. yay! im gonna try this pumpkin porridge steamboat this sunday~ will visit u again. ^^ p/s i clicked on ur ads. :)